Nonprofit StatusHistory of our NPO Status
Inception of OJNIC
OJNIC was created to cultivate and nurture the free Online Journal of
Nursing Informatics (OJNI) while developing other vital endeavors to enhance
nursing informatics. The OJNIC will provide an electronic presence for
the dissemination of nursing informatics knowledge and wisdom.
The mission of the OJNIC is to be the premier site for the dissemination
and enhancement of nursing informatics information, knowledge, and wisdom.
The OJNIC publishes peer-reviewed, original, high quality, scientific
papers, review articles, practice-based articles, educational programming,
and databases related to nursing informatics designed to empower nurses
and ultimately enhance the nursing profession and improve client care.
- is committed to enhancing nursing knowledge on nursing informatics
for nurses working in diverse settings.
- will provide nurses with an electronic format to share findings, experience,
perceptions, knowledge, and wisdom with nursing colleagues involved
in all facets of nursing informatics.
- wants to exploit the power of cyberspace in order to create an electronic
nursing informatics community that provides both virtually accessible
and timely information about nursing informatics globally.
- will further enhance the speed of cybercommunications through an expedited
editorial process that provides rapid turnaround and publication times.
- recognizes the importance of both the academic and practice-based
perspectives in nursing informatics. Therefore, article submissions
will be encouraged from all facets of nursing informatics.
- is dedicated to meeting the needs of the electronic nursing informatics
community and will strive to expand its offerings to meet their evolving
- is committed to scholarly excellence. Thus, the Journal will maintain
a high standard for peer-review, and when necessary, the editorial staff
will attempt to provide assistance for authors as a means of eliciting
high quality manuscripts suitable for publication.
The OJNIC will:
- become a self-sufficient non-profit organization receiving support
from the nursing informatics community: vendors; organizations; healthcare
professionals and institutions.
- generate enough income to maintain the quality of the journal and
keep it free of charge while growing the OJNIC readership, paying salaries,
and funding scholarships for nursing informatics students, grants for
nursing informatics research, and other vital endeavors.
Keys to Success
- Quality articles and features
- Knowledgeable and respected editors
- Advertising OJNIC and OJNI
- Engaging website